Who we are
Pecan Bayou Cattle sells Registered Black Angus Bulls and Cows in Central Texas. Our main ranch is on the Pecan Bayou near Brownwood, Texas. The other ranch land is either adjacent or within five miles nearby in Brown, County Texas. Our family has been in the commercial cattle business for over twenty years. We raise our purebred Black Angus cattle on grass and not grain. Our cattle roam on over 2900 acres and graze in multiple pastures on rotational grazing. We have high-quality, low birth weight registered Angus herd sires. Our herd sires are sons of Ten X, Prophet, Surefire, Absolute, Rampage, Stetson, Generation, Complete, and Objective.
Service Area and Livestock Delivery
We sell our Registered Angus Cattle nationwide, with delivery arrangements available throughout Texas, including the following towns and cities:
Abilene, Brady, Coleman, San Angelo, Comanche, Golthwaite, Cleburne, Brownwood, Zepher, Early, San Saba, Santa Anna, Bangs, Cross Plains, Cisco, Stephenville, Eastland, Lampassas, Mason, Junction, Menard, Llano, Marble Falls, Big Spring, Sweetwater, Breckenridge, Mineral Wells, Weatherford, Grandbury, Fort Worth, Dallas, San Antonio, Amarillo, Austin, Killeen, Temple, Waco, Burnett, Georgetown, Houston, Corpus Christi, Brownsville, Midland, Odessa, Tyler, Longview, Lagrange, Bastrop, Smithville, Fredericksburg, Kerville, New Branfels, Gonzales, and Victoria.
Registered Black Angus Bulls and Females & Purebred Black Angus Commercial Cattle
- Moderate frame
- Feed Efficient
- Calving Ease
- Low birth weight Herd Sires
- Strong maternal bloodlines
- High docility genetics. No tolerance for wild cattle – they are culled immediately.
- Cake trained, come when you call them up, exposed to dogs and people handled frequently.
- Range ready over 2,900 acres to roam
- Carcass quality – high marbling and large ribeye area
- Strong birth to weaning spread
- Investment in quality herd-sires
- Black Angus replacement heifers – trouble free, excellent longevity, docile.
- Registered Angus herd sires since 1997 and
- Closed herd with cattle raised on the ranch for generations of selection and culling for fertility and longevity.
Cattle Management Practices
- Grass fed, no grain
- Cake trained and trained to come to horn and cattle call
- Salt and minerals feed from custom-made mineral huts feeders to maintain teeth
- No hormones
- Only antibiotics for sick cattle
- Ranch Land on Pecan Bayou, North of Lake Brownwood
- Centrally located for easy access to the ranch
- Variety of soil types, sandy loam, clay, etc,
- Seasonal fields of Sorghum, Wheat, WW-B-Dahl, Coastal Bermuda, Klein, Love, Bluestem.
- Rotational grazing for optimal efficiency, requiring cattle to work for their dinner, have strong feet and calve without assistance.
- Multiple stock tanks and pastures for herd sire rotation and weaning.